We’ve all seen the news; social media is saturated with the latest ‘Celebrity cleanse or detox’, but why all the hype?
When most of us consider a detox or ‘cleanse’, we automatically equate it to all of the things we are giving up as oppose to all of the wonderful things we are gaining!
Statistics and studies have shown that the majority of people wake up feeling sluggish and many people suffer with bloating. Our society encourages us to ‘eat out with friends and family’, enjoy nights out drinking and enlists the help of ‘fast food’ to ‘help’ our already busy lifestyles become more simplistic; yet all of these lifestyle choices are massively impacting upon our overall health.
The concept of a detox can seem overwhelming but with many options available to ease you in to a cleanse and to allow your body to recover from your busy lifestyle; what better time to try a detox and start feeling better than now?!
5 reasons to detox and why:
- If you wake up most days feeling lethargic or suffer with this throughout the day, have ‘brain-fog’, achiness, digestive issues, allergies, headaches; the list goes on, but a detox can help you heal your body really quickly. Most of us don’t equate what we are eating with how we feel but if you think about it logically, it stands to reason that what we are putting into our bodies can have a massive impact in our overall well-being! A cleanse, even for a short period can help you feel less bloated, more alert and can even help your sleep! Check out our shop to see starter packs for a cleanse, you’ll be surprised how much better you’ll feel almost instantly!
- You can’t lose weight and keep it off. The scientific establishment has convinced us that losing weight is just a matter of calories in/calories out, that it’s about energy balance, about eating less and exercising more. How’s that working out for you? Probably not so well! Problem is, the scientific establishment is different from the established science. The science says sugar and flour calories are WAY different. First, they trigger addiction and overeating. Second, they spike insulin and inflammation, which makes you store belly fat and blocks your ability to feel full. The verdict is in: Sugar calories are worse than whole food calories. Sugar spikes insulin and triggers inflammation, a double whammy guaranteed to mess up any attempt at long-term weight loss. A cleanse is a way of re-balancing your body and eliminating the build-up of toxins in your colon and blood-stream that may be contributing to you weight loss plateaus.
- You can’t control your carb and sugar cravings. The fact is that sugar and flour are biologically addictive. The science behind it is clear and conclusive. Yet we blame the fat person for being a lazy glutton, which leads to shame and guilt. I am here to tell you it’s not your fault. Your biology has been hijacked by the food industry. They have done a hostile takeover of your taste buds, brain chemistry, hormones and metabolism. More than 300 food industry insiders spilled the beans to Michael Moss in his book, Salt, Sugar and Fat, explaining they hire “craving experts” to create the “bliss point” of junk food to create “heavy users” and increase their “stomach share.” Sugar is the new nicotine. In fact, sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine. If you are trying to use willpower to lose weight you will fail. You have to use science to unhook yourself from the addictive power of sugar, flour and hyper-processed foods. A detox is the perfect way to begin alleviating your body of any food addictions you mau have acquired.
- You haven’t ever detoxed: Most of us have never in our life taken 10 days to put nothing in our bodies but delicious, whole clean food. Just 10 days. Even if you think you are healthy and feel good, you may not realize that your normal state is not your optimal state. Think of it as a tune-up, a super-quick, super-easy way to supercharge your health.
- You owe your body a break! All of us stray from living in a way that supports our health: too little sleep, too little exercise, too much bad food, too much stress, not enough time for ourselves. The best way to reset your life is a 10-day detox. Simple, delicious foods. No toxins or drugs, by which I mean sugar, flour, processed foods, caffeine or alcohol. Self-nurturing practices: deep breathing, sleeping 7-8 hours a night, a little exercise, self-love. All this works to get your body and mind back to their original factory settings—and quickly!
contact the team today to see how we can help give your body and mind a boost!